For over 60 years, Amnesty International has stayed fully independent of any government, political ideology, economic interest or religion.
All our programmes, policies, and operations are non-partisan. We criticise and applaud objectively.
Our funding comes from people across Aotearoa New Zealand who believe a better world is possible. All of our financial decisions are guided by an elected board. Amnesty International is member-based.
As a member of amnesty international you:
- Enable New Zealanders to take action whenever and wherever there is a human rights crisis
- Ensure that our Government meets its international human rights obligations
- Protect human rights in New Zealand and overseas through advocacy and public action
- Support local human rights defenders in their activities
- Support human rights education programmes in schools through information, resources and speakers
A Movement of over ten million people like you who enable Amnesty International to:
- work with local human rights defenders around the world
- support extensive field research in areas experiencing human rights violations
- send observers to volatile regions to monitor war crimes and crimes against humanity
- publish and translate reports and other media to optimise awareness and influence worldwide
- advocate at the United Nations and other global fora
You can see our audited financial statements and any other filings with Charities Services using our registration number: CC35331.
We are proud of how we manage supporter’s money.