Donate your tax rebate back to Amnesty
All donations over $5 to Amnesty International Aotearoa New Zealand are eligible to have a third of the donation claimed back from IRD. You can choose to keep this for yourself or to donate it back to us, which is an awesome way you can give more without paying more!
There are 3 ways you can collect your rebate.
1. We've partnered with a Kiwi social enterprise, who make it really easy to do. They are an online platform that automates the process of claiming donation tax rebates. You can sign up to Supergenerous .
2. You can do it yourself offline by printing your receipt and this form and sending them both to IRD.
3. Or you can do it online using myIR, you can find instructions on how to follow this process here.
If you would like to donate your tax credit back to us, you just need to do the following differently:
1. If you sign up with Supergenerous they will give you the option to do this automatically.
2. Offline you just need to put Amnesty's bank account in box 9: Amnesty International New Zealand, 12-3057-0807706-004
3. With myIR you need to put Amnesty's details at the final 'Credit Transfer' stage. Select YES at this stage then click 'Add a credit transfer' and complete the following details including your credit amount in the transfer amount field (one third of your receipt amount).
IRD Number: 026-307-473
Account type: Income Tax
Associated person? No
Period From: 1/04/2021 Period To: 31/03/2022
Transfer amount: 1/3 of your receipt amount